Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer (An Introductions)

Hey there new person in my life,
So this is my summer blog. A little back story, I'm Hunter. I'm a Junior in high school, sixteen years old, female, living in Southern California. I spend a majority of my time doing something on my laptop, this ranges from blogging to writing to watching netflix. I'm pretty social in the right situations, but I'd prefer to stay with my close friend group and do fun stuff with them. This summer I reformed my view on myself. I took a good look at what made me tick and I kept the stuff I liked (like a hopeful and loving tone and weird facial expressions) and dropped the stuff I didn't (Negative attitude and an aptitude for self destruction.) That kicked off the strange summer of 2014.
I then got really close to a friend of mine named Bobbi. She's an absolute crazy person and I mean that in the best way. She cares and is so knowledgeable about the spiritual world, she was my real life spirit guide. She taught me about the stars and the worlds effect on me and the ways I affect the world. With this new found view of myself I invited Bobbi on an adventure with me.
(SIDE: The reason Bobbi was one of the best choices for an adventure was earlier this year we did a drama festival called Fullerton Festival. I thought this was my last Fullerton, which I will get into on another day, so I was on a mission to get my first kiss. And to ensure I did and to help me find *Him* I brought Bobbi along with me. We we're friends at this point and had several encounters but we weren't half as close as we are now. Long story short, I kissed three people, Bobbi was hit on, and we danced together and met Jesus.)
This was possibly the best choice I've made in my life so far. I did things that I would have never done if I was on my own or with anyone else. She propelled me to try things and to not be so scared. She also taught me a lot about myself. We had some really awesome talks and really cool adventures. And of course along the way we met some really cool people.
There will be a whole post about them soon I hope.
Then we came home, and I was happy and that was not an entirely normal feeling for me (I'm excited to say it's pretty normal now.) And Bobbi invited me to a concert. I'd already seen the band playing but who could say no to another adventure. When we went we met people and had an amazing time. Seriously it was a party in a peanut shell.
And then we parted ways once again. Only to call each other almost everyday and send various correspondences through facebook. On one such evening we decided we wanted to change the world. (There will be a blog post about that too.)
And now summer is ending. I need to finish my Romeo and Juliet summer homework, get school supplies and continue to revamp my style. This summer has been a trip and a half. I'm so happy that it happened, this is my last real summer before I start looking at schools and internships and trying to figure out how I want the next five years to go (I have some idea but....) This summer has changed me for the better and I'm so happy that I get to share it with you.
Okay, that's it for tonight, check back later this week to hear more stories about my summer and be inspired to.... I don't really know, maybe to take life into your own hands.
This blog is a continuation of my old blog Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year. And to keep with the spirit of that blog here's a link to a playlist I made that helps tell the story of this summer.
Love you,
-xoHunter

No comments:

Post a Comment